Sidequest: Treasure Hunting
- On 29 August 2012, a new sidequest has been announced: treasure hunting!
- To start a treasure hunt, first you need to acquire an Ancient Relic. This is a loot drop, dropped by many "boss" and rare mice around the kingdom.
- Here's a list of mice that could drop Ancient Relics. Note that not all mice of these types would drop it.
- The easiest location to acquire an Ancient Relic is probably the Forbidden Grove and Acolyte Realm; there are several types of mice there that drop it, and the Realm Ripper is pretty easy to catch. Other locations may be more convenient however, depending on the supplies you have.
- The Ancient Relic appears in your Collectibles inventory.
- Once you have an Ancient Relic, you need to track down the Relic Hunter mouse. His location changes randomly every 24 hours, at 00:00 UTC.
- Currently, the forum thread here and spreadsheet here track his location (offsite links).
- Update: Horn Tracker also has a Relic Hunter tracker here.
- Catching the Relic Hunter will lose you an Ancient Relic, but will get you a Treasure Map Scroll Case.
- Opening it will reveal a Treasure Map, and occasionally, some Rare Map Dust.
- Those who are Baron/Baroness or higher have a chance of receiving the Living Garden Scroll Case. These contain 30 mice, all from the Living Garden areas. Less experienced hunters are able to join, but won't be able to help or receive Living Garden loot.
- A treasure map would contain a list of mice. Travel around Gnawnia to catch those mice. Once all the mice are caught, you'll receive your Treasure Chest to open.
- Treasure maps are ranked by difficulty. From lowest to highest, they are: Easy, Medium, Hard, Elaborate, Arduous.
- The harder the map, the more and tougher the mice on the list will be. The rewards will tend to be better as well.
- You can also invite friends to help you complete your list of mice. Everyone who participated would receive a Treasure Chest. Note that you can only follow one map at a time.
- If you need to give others a list of mice that still need to be caught, use this link. This in-game page (normally only accessible by viewing the "Treasure Map Clue" loot drop) lists your remaining mice in comma-separated form, for easy copy-pasting.
- Any player who's following a map can upgrade it using Rare Map Dust. This increases the loot in the Treasure Chest once complete, and increases the chance of rare items.
- For a limited time, treasure hunters will have a chance to obtain a new Limited Edition Trap known as the Ancient Gauntlet. This trap is very useful in the King's Gauntlet, as it increases the drop rate of Tier 2 potions.
- There is also a rare collectible called the Ancient Amulet that you can receive from a chest. Good luck!
|Acolyte||Acolyte Realm||Requires Runic Cheese. Forgotten-type weapon recommended.|
|Aether||Crystal Library||Quite rare. More attracted to Super Brie.|
|Assassin||Dojo||Rare. Strong Tactical-type weapon recommended.|
|Balack the Banished||Balack's Cove||Requires Vengeful Vanilla Stilton. Forgotten-type weapon recommended.|
|Big Bad Burroughs||Town of Digby||Requires Limelight Cheese. Strong Physical, Tactical, or Arcane trap recommended.|
|Black Widow||Many locations; check effectiveness link||Extremely rare. Super Brie helps, but can still take a while. Alternatively, try the Lagoon with Gnarled or Wicked Gnarly cheese.|
|Chess Master||Zugzwang's Tower||Requires Checkmate cheese. See the Zugzwang's Tower chapter for details.|
|Chrono||Acolyte Realm||Requires Runic Cheese. Forgotten-type weapon recommended.|
|Cook||S.S. Huntington III||Extremely rare unless using Super Brie.|
|Deep||Iceberg||See the Iceberg chapter for details.|
|Dojo Sensei||Pinnacle Chamber||Requires Onyx Gorgonzola. Strong Tactical-type weapon recommended.|
|Dragon||Dracano||Requires Inferno Havarti. Draconic-type weapon required.|
|Eclipse||King's Gauntlet||Requires Tier 8 cheese. Forgotten-type weapon recommended.|
|Icewing||Iceberg||See the Iceberg chapter for details.|
|Fall Familiar||Seasonal Garden||Fall season. Shadow-type weapon recommended. Extremely rare unless using Super Brie.|
|Gargantuamouse||Fiery Warpath||Requires streak of 7+. Draconic-type weapon recommended.|
|General Drheller||Iceberg||"General" mouse. See the Iceberg chapter for details.|
|Mole Mouse||Meadow, Town of Digby, Windmill||Rare. Windmill is most reliable. Not attracted to Limelight.|
|Necromancer||King's Gauntlet||Requires Tier 7 cheese. Hydro-type weapon recommended.|
|Nibbler||Bazaar, Cape Clawed, Great Gnarled Tree, King's Arms, S.S. Huntington III, Town of Gnawnia, Town of Digby, Training Grounds, Tournament Hall||Extremely rare unless using Super Brie.|
|Nugget||Town of Digby||Quite rare. Requires Limelight Cheese.|
|Realm Ripper||Forbidden Grove||Ancient cheese required. Appears during closing time. Catching it sends you to the Acolyte Realm. Arcane-type weapon recommeded.|
|Reaper||Forbidden Grove||Ancient cheese required. Arcane-type weapon recommeded.|
|Shelder||S.S. Huntington III||Extremely rare. Super Brie helps, but expect to use a lot.|
|Silth||Lagoon||Wicked Gnarly cheese required. Hydro-type weapon recommended.|
|Warmonger||Fiery Warpath||See Fiery Warpath chapter for details.|
|Winter Mage||Seasonal Garden||Winter season. Hydro-type weapon recommended.|
|Zurreal the Eternal||Crystal Library||Requires Zurreal's Folly and Scholar Charm. See Crystal Library chapter for details.|