Back to index
Event Appendix: The Great Winter Hunt 2010
- On November 24, a new Festive Comet has landed! The Great Winter Hunt 2010 has begun.
- The Festive Gift Shoppe is back. These gifts appear alongside the free gifts, but cost gold to send. However, there is no limit to the number of festive gifts you can send or receive a day.
- Planks of Gingerbread may be smashed into 15 Gingerbread Cheese with the Hunter's Hammer in the crafting interface.
- When you're ready, travel to the Festive Comet and hunt! There are dressed-up mice from various locations there, as well as the Elf Mouse.
- Gingerbread Cheese or Super Brie increases the attraction rate of Elf mice, though regular cheese may be used.
- Elf mice drop a specially-wrapped Gift Box, based on your Hunter's Rank:
- Recruits through Grandmasters will receive a Blue Winter Hunt Gift Box
- Legendaries through Knights will receive a Green Winter Hunt Gift Box
- Lords/Ladies and above will receive a Red Winter Hunt Gift Box
- These gift boxes may contain cheese, useful items, and/or King's Credits. King's Credits are redeemable from the Prize Shoppe, found under the Shops menu.
- Elf mice may also drop the Gingerbread House Plans. These may be crafted with the following recipe:
- 1 Gingerbread House Plans + 10 Candies + 5 Icing Sugar + 7 Planks of Gingerbread = 1 Gingerbread House Surprise
- This is a Tactical weapon that may be used as a cheap substitute for the Venus Mouse Trap and Mutated Venus Mouse Trap.
- Recommendation: Get it if you don't have a Venus Mouse Trap. The cost of the materials are cheaper, assuming equal gift exchanges (you can save even more by getting loot from Gift Boxes). If you already have a Venus Mouse Trap, it's not very useful at all, aside from collection.
- The Festive Comet also has a Cheese Shoppe (selling Marble, Swiss, and Brie) and Trapsmith (selling the Candy Cane Base).
- The Candy Cane Base is useful for its high luck. It is comparable with the Aqua Base, but has more power. It's also cheaper and has a much lower point requirement.
- Recommendation: Definitely get it if you don't have the Aqua Base yet.
- On November 29, the Festive Comet was invaded! Read the official story here.
- From November 29 till December 23 a new mouse would appear every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Each mouse is represented by a lightbulb in the Christmas light strand at the top of the page. When you catch that mouse, the corresponding bulb lights up. Use this to track your progress!
- On every Tuesday, new gifts will be available at the Festive Gift Shoppe. On every Thursday, twice as many Elf mice would appear in the Comet, increasing the number of Gift Boxes you can get!
- Stockpile your Gingerbread Cheese, and good luck! The following table lists the mouse released on each date:
|November 29 (Mon)||Toy|
|December 1 (Wed)||Candy Cane|
|December 3 (Fri)||Present|
|December 6 (Mon)||Christmas Tree|
|December 8 (Wed)||Ornament|
|December 10 (Fri)||Nutcracker|
|December 13 (Mon)||Stocking|
|December 15 (Wed)||Scrooge|
|December 17 (Fri)||Missile Toe|
|December 20 (Mon)||Wreath Thief|
|December 22 (Wed)||Snow Fort|
|December 23 (Thu)||Slay Ride|
- There is a small chance that the above mice might drop a Frozen Fromage. Collect as many as you can!
- As soon as you had caught at least one of all the above twelve mice during the event, (i.e. lit up all your lightbulbs), you'll be able to thaw your Frozen Fromage in the Special tab of your Inventory. This produces Nutmeg Cheese.
- Arm it, with your strongest trap, and cross your fingers, for you will soon meet the Squeaker Claws mouse! The first one you catch drops the 2010 Winter Star and the Ronza Voucher. Hang on to those; they could come in handy soon enough...
- The second Squeaker Claws Mouse you catch drops Winter Hunt Gift Boxes of all three colors, regardless of your rank. This allows you to keep them for collection purposes, if you wish to do so.
- If you run out of Nutmeg Cheese and still haven't caught it, do not worry; the Squeaker Claws can still be attracted by other types of cheese.
- The Ornament and Christmas Tree mice may drop the Gingerbread Base Blueprints. These can be used to make, of course, the Gingerbread Base:
- 1 Gingerbread Base Blueprints + 5 Candies + 1 Icing Sugar + 1 Plank of Gingerbread = 1 Gingerbread Base
- A rather useful base. It has the freshness and luck of the Dehydration Base, but has a sizable power bonus as well.
- Recommendation: Get it if you can; it's a useful all-rounder base, especially if you're normally using the Dehydration or Explosive bases. It's rather cheap too.
- On December 15th, an update was announced.
- A new trap is seen in the Festive Comet Trapsmith: an Explosive Toboggan Ride. It only costs 10,000 gold; however, hunters will also have to provide 6 loot items to the trapsmith before they can purchase it. They are:
- 1 Festive Fuse, dropped by the Stocking Mouse
- 1 Heart of Ice, dropped by the Scrooge Mouse
- 1 Holiday Explosives, dropped by the Missile Toe Mouse
- 1 Icicles, dropped by the Wreath Thief Mouse
- 1 Packed Snow, dropped by the Snow Fort Mouse
- 1 Sled, dropped by the Slay Ride Mouse
- The Explosive Toboggan Ride is a Hydro trap, and definitely worth the trouble, especially if you don't already have a Hydro trap like the Harpoon Gun or Net Cannon. It's also useful for catching the Hydra mouse in the Lagoon.
- More experienced hunters may want to try to upgrade the Explosive Toboggan Ride. To do this, they must collect Seasoned Gouda Potions from Steel mice.
- These can be used to make Seasoned Gouda cheese, which will attract tougher mice! A strong Physical trap is recommended, as these mice include the Vinetail (from the Seasonal Garden) and the Gladiator (from the Derr Dunes).
- These tougher mice drop loot needed to upgrade the Explosive Toboggan Ride:
- Ski Sign, dropped by the Gladiator Mouse (note: can only be caught by Physical traps!)
- Climbing Pitons, dropped by the Stealth Mouse
- Lava Bucket, dropped by the Mouse of Winter Past
- Festive Mines, dropped by the Mouse of Winter Present
- Misplaced Missile Cone, dropped by the Mouse of Winter Future
- Note that Seasoned Gouda can also attract the regular "lightbulb" festive mice; so if you're going for the upgrade you may want to use Seasoned Gouda as much as possible.
- You also need to smash your Explosive Toboggan Ride into Toboggan Ride Parts, and acquire 18 Tiny Platinum Bars from the Training Grounds general store (costs 1,080,000 gold total).
- Craft these 7 items together (requires Hero rank, point requirement unknown) to get the Double Diamond Adventure! It's a stronger Hydro trap, slightly less Power than the Ancient Spear Gun, but more than makes up for it with its additional Luck.
- The devs have provided a special page that allows you to view at a glance which loot items you still need!
- The event ends at January 6, 2001, so you have until then to collect all the loot; good luck!
Back to index