Back to index
Back to Chapter 30: Whisker Woods Rift
Chapter 31: Fungal Cavern
- To enter the Fungal Cavern in the Hollow Heights, you must be Duke/Duchess or above, and you must purchase the Fungal Cavern Map Piece from the Muridae Market Cartographer for 230,000 gold.
- It is highly recommended that you have a strong Hydro trap, like at least the Phantasmic Oasis Trap.
- You start off in this area in the Cavern Mouth with regular Brie or Gouda. Arm your strongest Hydro trap. Your goal is to collect Cavern Fungus and Nightshade from mice in the Fungal Fodder subgroup.
- Using Super Brie instead may attract the Nightshade Masquerade mouse, which drop greater quantities of both.
- There is a Nightshade Farming Charm available in the Charm Shoppe or the Marketplace, but unless you have spare ones from treasure chests, it's generally not worth using these. They are spent regardless of whether a Nightshade is dropped, thus you'd need a lot to make a significant difference.
- Once you have collected a good amount of fungus and nightshade, you can craft Glowing Gruyere cheese:
- 3 Cavern Fungus + 1 Nightshade + 3 Living Shard + 6 Ionized Salt + 30 Curds & Whey → 3 Glowing Gruyere
- 3 Cavern Fungus + 1 Nightshade + 3 Living Shard + 6 Ionized Salt + 30 Curds & Whey + 2 Magic Essence → 5 Glowing Gruyere
- You don't have to enter these recipes manually though, as the HUD gives you convenient interfaces for crafting all the cheese needed here. Living Shards, Ionized Salt, and Curds & Whey are all available in the General Store.
- Arming Glowing Gruyere will take you deeper, into the Hollow Halls, attracting mice from the Gruyere Grazers group. It may be beneficial to switch to a Forgotten trap at this point, though Hydro traps still work.
- These mice drop Minerals primarily, though you may rarely get Gemstones or Diamonds.
- Minerals are used to craft Mineral Cheese:
- 12 Mineral + 6 Ionized Salt + 18 Curds & Whey → 3 Mineral Cheese
- 12 Mineral + 6 Ionized Salt + 18 Curds & Whey + 6 Magic Essence → 6 Mineral Cheese
- Arming Mineral Cheese will take you yet deeper, into the Glittering Grotto, where the Mineral Munchers reside. You must arm a Forgotten trap now; Hydro ones are useless here. They drop Gemstones.
- Gemstones are used to craft Gemstone Cheese:
- 3 Gemstone + 28 Mineral + 6 Ionized Salt + 6 Curds & Whey → 3 Gemstone Cheese
- Arming Gemstone Cheese will take you yet deeper, into the Flowstone Falls, where the Gemstone Gorgers reside. Only Forgotten type traps can catch them. They drop Diamonds.
- Diamonds are used to craft Diamond Cheese:
- 10 Diamond + 100 Mineral + 12 Ionized Salt + 3 Curds & Whey → 1 Diamond Cheese
- Arming Diamond Cheese will take you to the deepest level, the Subterra Silence, where the formidable Diamond Devourers reside. Only Forgotten type traps can catch them. They drop Crystal Crucibles.
- Due to the scarcity of Gemstone and Diamond cheese, it may be prudent to arm a charm with them for that extra boost.
- There is a powerful Forgotten trap available in the Trapsmith, the Crystal Crucible Trap. It costs 6,640,000 gold, 800 Minerals, 10 Gemstones, 5 Diamonds, and 8 Crystal Crucibles.
Continue to Chapter 32: Labyrinth