Back to index
Sidequest: The King's Gauntlet
- You need to be at least a Hero to earn access to the King's Gauntlet.
- First obtain a stolen Crown Jewel from a Master Burglar mouse in the Town of Gnawnia or the Bazaar.
- The Master Burglar mouse is only attracted to either Gilded or Super Brie cheese.
- Gilded cheese can be obtained from the Burglar mice in either the Harbour, Laboratory, or the Bazaar (the Bazaar probably has a higher population of Burglars, but the Laboratory allows you to collect Radioactive Blue potions at the same time). Burglar mice are most attracted to Brie cheese.
- Once you have obtained the Crown Jewel, go to the Bazaar. There is a Cartographer there, who can make you a copy of the King's Gauntlet Floor Plans for 50,000 gold and the safe return of the Crown Jewel.
- The King's Gauntlet is in the "Valour" region, and contains many "tiers", each harder than the last.
- There is no need to travel between tiers; mice in each tier drop potions that can be used to create cheese needed to attract mice for the next tier.
- Using regular cheese will attract mice from the first tier, the "puppet" tier:
- Wound Up White
- Hapless Marionette
- Toy Sylvan
- Clockwork Samurai
- Puppet Master
- Sock Puppet Ghost
- It is recommended that you use Swiss or Marble instead of Brie, as the first tier mice give extremely low rewards.
- Note that there is a cheese shoppe in the King's Gauntlet, that sells Swiss and Brie. The price here is the same as that in the Town of Gnawnia, thus saving you any return trips.
- These mice are extremely easy to catch with most Physical or Tactical traps, and drop Gauntlet Potions Tier 2.
- Note: If you happen to have the Ancient Gauntlet weapon, you may equip it to increase the drop rate of Tier 2 potions.
- These potions can be used on either Super Brie, Swiss, or Marble to create Gauntlet Cheese Tier 2, used to attract mice from the second tier, the "thief" tier:
- Escape Artist
- Tier 2 mice are best caught with Physical traps, and drop Gauntlet Potions Tier 3
- Note that the Gauntlet cheese for each tier also has the recommended power type in its description.
- The cheese made from those potions are used to attract mice from the third tier, the "melee" tier:
- Tier 3 mice are best caught with Tactical traps, and drop Gauntlet Potions Tier 4
- The cheese made from those potions are used to attract mice from the fourth tier, the "bard" tier:
- Guqin Player
- Tier 4 mice are also best caught with Tactical traps, and drop Gauntlet Potions Tier 5
- The cheese made from those potions are used to attract mice from the fifth tier, the "magic" tier:
- Black Mage
- Tier 5 mice are best caught with Shadow traps, and drop Gauntlet Potions Tier 6
- The cheese made from those potions are used to attract mice from the sixth tier, the "noble" tier:
- Sacred Shrine
- White Mage
- Tier 6 mice are best caught with Arcane traps, and drop Gauntlet Potions Tier 7
- The cheese made from those potions are used to attract mice from the seventh tier, the "dust" tier:
- Tier 7 mice are best caught with Hydro traps, and drop Gauntlet Potions Tier 8
- The Fiend is worth 50,000 gold per catch!
- The cheese made from those potions are used to attract the sole mouse of the eighth and final tier, the Eclipse Mouse.
- It is best caught with a Forgotten trap. They give a 300,000 gold reward upon capture!
||Rec. Power Type
Back to index