Back to index
Event Appendix: Spring Egg Hunt 2013
- On March 25, 2013, the Spring Egg Hunt was announced, and the Chocolate Factory was opened.
- If you don't already have an Eggscavator from a previous Spring Hunt, you need to buy one from the Chocolate Factory general store to participate. It costs 10,000 gold.
- Travel to the Chocolate Factory to start catching mice! Using regular cheese will get you mice that drop Marshmallow Monterey cheese. Then, arm the Marshmallow Monterey cheese to start obtaining eggs!
- You need to obtain the 10 basic eggs shown in the toolbar to recalibrate your Eggscavator and begin hunting for bonus eggs around Gnawnia.
- The Gift Egg can be obtained from friends as a free gift. To send one, go to Friends → Send Free Gifts. It can also be obtained as a drop.
- The Golden Egg is only available when the 9 other basic eggs have been obtained. It is dropped by the Egg Scrambler mouse.
- Eggstra Charms can be bought from the Chocolate Factory charm shoppe for 6 Marshmallow Monterey each. These, when equipped, will grant you an additional bonus egg when you catch a mouse with one (and are only consumed that way). They can also be smashed for 20 Dark Chocolate Charms.
- It is recommended that you save an Eggstra Charm for the Golden Egg, as its contents are rather valuable.
- If you're up for a challenge in the Chocolate Factory, try using some Dark Chocolate Charms available from the Chocolate Factory Charm Shoppe. This will start attracting mice from the Shadow Clan and Forgotten Mice groups, so an Arcane trap is recommended.
- Keep in mind that the Egg Painter Mouse is only attracted if you use Marshmallow Monterey without Dark Chocolate Charms, while the Sinister Painter Mouse is only attracted if you use Marshmallow Monterey with Dark Chocolate Charms.
- Once you have obtained all the basic eggs, the Eggscavator would be sufficiently recalibrated, and you may find bonus eggs all over Gnawnia! You may also smash the eggs for some useful loot; to find out what the eggs contain, see this page.
- A list of bonus eggs, their origin, and their contents can be found here (offsite link, courtesy of HornTracker)
- There are also three special bonus eggs that can only be obtained with Eggscavator Charge Charms. These can be obtained in the Chocolate Factory charm shoppe for 2 Marshmallow Monterey each.
- Note: You may only accumulate charges after you have recalibrated your Eggscavator.
- Each successful catch with the charge charm equipped increases your charge by 1. Each successful catch without the charge charm equipped decreases your charge by 1.
- You may obtain Low Charge Eggs with 1 ~ 12 charges.
- You may obtain Medium Charge Eggs with 13 ~ 17 charges.
- You may obtain High Charge Eggs with 18 ~ 20 charges.
- To save charms, it is recommended you disarm the charge charms when you're at full charge, only reequipping them when you drop below your preferred range.
- There is also another item you can receive as a gift; Scrambles the Hunting Seer! If you have him, you can consult him for a piece of advice for the game from the Inventory → Collectibles tab. Just beware the egg-scruciating puns. :p
Back to index