Back to index
Special: New Mice Guide (April 2012)
- Note: More current information can now be found in the Slushy Shoreline and Iceberg chapters.
- On April 30, 2012, four new mice were released: the Incompetent Ice Climber, the Polar Bear, the Snow Soldier, and the Wolfskie.
- They used to be found in many locations.
- They appear as a new group on the mice page, cryptically named "???". Hydro traps work best on them, although other trap types (except Parental) are able to catch them.
- For this reason, the S.S. Huntington II was a popular place to try to catch them, as the regular mice there are also weak to Hydro traps.
- They do not appear to have a preference toward any particular cheese.
- On May 7, 2012, the Icebreaker License is available in the Harbour shoppe. This costs 145,000 gold, takes 1 hour to complete, and unlocks the Slushy Shoreline location.
- The new mice can now only be found there. Additionally, the mice appear to have toughened up and are now only able to be caught with Hydro traps.
- You need to be at least Lord/Lady to travel to the Slushy Shoreline.
- A few new mice are found here, though the Wolfskie mouse is currently nowhere to be found.
- The mice here drop more War Scraps. These will be used when shoppes open here.
- Rarer mice may drop War Supplies, which contain Super Brie and King's Credits! Note that this drop only lasts for a week!
- On May 14, 2012, an Iceberg appears off the coast of Gnawnia.
- A new progress bar appears at the top of the Mousehunt page. This tracks the number of Interlocking Hull Fragments that Mousehunters have collected. All mice in the Slushy Shoreline may drop them.
- Shops in the Slushy Shoreline are now open.
- Buy and use some Softserve Charms from the Charm Shoppe. This will attract new mice with crafting items:
- Icebreaker mice drop Wire Spools.
- Saboteur mice drop Heating Oil.
- Yeti mice drop Frosty Metal.
- There is a new trap available at the Trapsmith: the Steam Laser Mk. I. It'll cost you 345,000 gold, 5 Wire Spools, 5 Heating Oil, and 5 Frosty Metal.
- Its base stats are slightly stronger than the Heat Bath. It gains +1750 power and +3 luck in the Slushy Shoreline and the currently inaccessible Iceberg. This bonus makes it comparable to the Oasis Water Node trap in those locations.
Back to index