Back to index
Current Event: Ronza Returns - May 2014
- On May 13, the game developers' best weapon against inflation, Ronza's Travelling Shoppe, was opened.
- Point requirements do not prevent you from buying a trap component; however, you can only arm a trap component if you meet its point requirement.
New Trap Components
- In the trapsmith, many new traps are available; some are limited-edition, which means they will never be offered again. Note that we don't know when or if the items that are not limited-edition will be offered again, however. The verdicts are subjective "first-judgments"; and of course should be ignored if you're buying the traps merely for collection:
- The Law Draw (limited edition)
- Price: 600,000; Points Needed: 12,000,000
- Power: 1,100/Law
- Power bonus: 5%
- Attraction bonus: 20%
- Luck: 5
- Cheese effect: Fresh
- Verdict: Mixed: It is roughly equal with the S.L.A.C. II in terms of catching mice. It's tempting if you're impatient to collect the Fool's Gold for the S.L.A.C. II, but it costs much more, and does not activate the bonus of the Claw Shot Base. However, it does have more Luck, which scales really well if you have ways of boosting it (like the Lucky Golden Shield, the Rift Base, or charms) so you may want to pick it up if you have the change.
- Veiled Vine Trap (limited edition)
- Price: 1,150,000; Points Needed: 900,000
- Power: 3,500/Tactical
- Power bonus: 12%
- Attraction bonus: 0%
- Luck: 20
- Cheese effect: Very Stale
- Verdict: May be useful: Its stats and price are both comparable to the Zugzwang's First Move, but it requires a lot less points, so if you have the gold but not the points or advancement needed for Zugzwang's First Move, it would be good to pick this up. Note however that the Crystal Library assignments may require the use of the Zugzwang's First Move in particular, so you'd have to get that eventually.
- Dragon Lance (limited edition)
- Price: 8,900,000; Points Needed: 15,000,000
- Power: 4,950/Draconic
- Power bonus: 30%
- Attraction bonus: 5%
- Luck: 12
- Cheese effect: Extremely Stale
- Verdict: Useful luxury: It's the second Draconic trap in the game, and is better than the Ice Maiden, but is very expensive, so get it only if you can afford it.
- Chrome Oasis Upgrade Kit (not limited edition)
- Price: 11,250,000
- This is not a weapon, but a crafting item; it is found in the General Store. However it's included in this section because it is used to craft weapons.
- This can upgrade either the Oasis Water Node Trap or the Phantasmic Oasis Trap, simply smash the weapon, then craft the resulting parts with the upgrade kit.
- Verdict: Useful luxury: …
- The Chrome Oasis Water Node Trap ends up slightly less powerful than the Phantasmic Oasis Trap. I don't recommend you craft it, as you'd have to get another Oasis Water Node Trap to build the Phantasmic Oasis Trap.
- The Chrome Phantasmic Oasis Trap is the most powerful Hydro weapon in the game, but not that much more, so getting this is a question of whether you have a whole bunch of gold just eating a hole in your pockets.
- You may also want to get this as an investment; after Ronza is gone for a while, you may be able to sell this in the Marketplace for a good profit. Note however that you can only hold up to 5 copies of this item.
- Physical Brace Base (not limited edition)
- Price: 1,600,000; Points Needed: 12,000,000
- Power: 300
- Power bonus: 0%
- Attraction bonus: 5%
- Luck: 8
- Cheese effect: No Effect
- Special ability: When armed with a Physical weapon, your setup gets 25% more power. (This differs from Power Bonus in that it is multiplicative with any existing Power Bonus)
- Verdict: Recommended: With its bonus activated, this can easily rival even the Rift Base. Without the bonus it's a slightly better (but much more expensive) Aqua Base.
- None of the offered charms are limited-edition. The ones marked with asterisks (*) may be sold in the Marketplace.
- Mining Charms are useful if you are planning to hunt for Big Bad Burroughs mice in the Town of Digby using Limelight cheese. See the Town of Digby Revisited chapter for details.
- Tarnished Charms* aren't very useful in their current state, but they turn into Chrome Charms* when used, a staple for those who participate in tournaments and when the extra edge might be useful. You don't want to be using them all the time though.
- Safeguard Charms* decrease the rate of encountering Cursed and Corrupt mice in the Lost City and Cursed City locations.
- Grubling Bonanza Charms* immediately trigger a Grubling Stampede if used in the Sand Dunes location. Note that using it, when a stampede is already active, has no effect and wastes the charm!
- Unstable Charms* provide only 1 luck; however, transform into a random charm upon use.
- EMP400 Charms provide a power boost against the M400 Mouse. Is consumed whether it is caught or not. You may only hold up to 12 copies.
- Airship Charms cannot be bought; can only be obtained as gifts from friends (via Friends → Send Free Gifts) and donations. Gives 800 power, 10% power bonus, and 5 luck.
- More charms are crafted from the items found in the general store:
- The following three charms are used in the Living Garden or Twisted Garden to earn dewdrops of the respective color twice as quickly.
- Double Sponge Charm: 1 Blue Double Dewdrop Powder* + 1 Flawless Orb + 2 Aleth Essence
- Yellow Double Sponge Charm: 1 Yellow Double Dewdrop Powder* + 1 Divine Orb + 2 Ber Essence
- Red Double Sponge Charm: 1 Red Double Dewdrop Powder* + 1 Divine Orb + 2 Ber Essence
- The Super Salt Charm increments the salt meter in the Sand Crypts twice as quickly.
- Super Salt Charm: 1 Extra Coarse Salt* + 1 Divine Orb + 2 Ber Essence
- The Super Soap Charm gives a huge power and luck boost against the mice in the Toxic Spill.
- Super Soap Charm: 1 Powdered Bleach* + 1 Simple Orb + 2 Soapy Suds + 25 Charmbits
- Not much to say about these; like most skins, these are merely cosmetic changes, so get them only if you can afford them as collectibles. There are skins for the Ancient Box Trap, the Steam Laser Mk. III, the Sandtail Sentinel, and the Reaper's Perch.
- None of the skins are limited-edition.
- You can also hunt here. Mice here drop Rockforth cheese. Arming it attracts the Rockstar and Moussile mice which drop Airship Theme Scraps II and III.
- Once you get those, get the last piece from the general store and craft them together for a nifty Airship journal theme! You may change your theme from your hunter's profile (click on the shield).
Back to index