Back to index
The Year of the Snake Begins!
- On February 11, 2013, the "Year of the Snake Begins" event was announced, and Calamity Carl's Cozy Cruise was opened.
- The heads-up display will display your progress through the cruise. However, it's 1200km long, and you seem to be moving at the painfully slow pace of 1km per catch! Oh dear.
- Apparently the water is full of snakes, slowing down the cruise ship! You'll need something to make a lot of noise to scare them away...
- Tactical traps are recommended here, as you may encounter some mice from the Followers of Furoma group (they love Lunar New Year celebrations). If you don't have one, use a Physical trap instead.
- If you have Firecracker, Nitropop, and Dragon Breath charms saved from last year, you may use them. Otherwise, you'll have to collect some Firecracker Charms.
- Hunting normally will attract mice with Firecracker Charms. You may also arm the Valentine Charms, available from the Charm Shoppe, to attract the Totally Not Bitter Mouse, which drops more Firecracker Charms.
- Once you have some Firecracker Charms, you may use them to give yourself a small boost in speed, to 3km per catch. You may also collect Nitropop Potions and Snakebite Potions to upgrade your charms.
- Nitropop Potions convert Firecracker Charms into Nitropop Charms, which increase your speed to 9km per hunt.
- Snakebite Potions convert Nitropop Charms into Snakebite Charms, which increase your speed to a swift 25km per hunt! It also allows you to attract the Costumed Snake Mouse, which drop a bunch of Firecracker Charms and Cruise Bux.
- Saved Dragon Breath Charms also increase your speed to 25km per hunt, but do not attract the Costumed Snake Mouse.
- The cruise will visit 8 seafront locations. Each location lasts 150km, and may contain some visitor mice. Each location also has a souvenir that you can collect from mice (they don't have to be the visitor mice).
- The locations you visit are: The Harbor, the Gnawnian Shoreline, Digby & Lab, the Iceberg, the Acolyte Realm, S.S. Huntington III, the Tribal Isles, and Zugzwang Island.
- Every time you advance to a new location you will receive an amount of Cruise Bux; an amount that increases with each stop in the cruise. If you complete the entire cruise, you will receive a Captain's Hat.
- You also receive Cruise Bux from loot drops.
- You can spend Cruise Bux in the stores. Some items require a Captain's Hat before you can purchase them.
- There are also two limited edition trap parts available: The S.A.M. F.E.D. DN-5 and the Snake Jade Base.
- The S.A.M. F.E.D. DN-5 is a good substitute for the Ambush.
- The Jade Base is a pretty good substitue for the Aqua Base. If you can upgrade to the Snake Jade Base, do so; it's one of the best bases in the game. Its stats are similar to the Dragon Jade Base of last year, but with a 10% attraction bonus instead of none. However, it's also pretty expensive.
- You can also buy the souvenirs you have missed, if you wish. There are also miscellaneous supplies to help you in your progress throughout the game.
- You may send various gifts through Friends → Send Free Gifts to show how much you care. Some items are free, but you may only send them once per day per person, and can only send to a number of people a day. Others cost gold, but are unlimited in quantity.
- Most of the gifts are collectibles, but the Party Cracker can be opened to receive Firecracker Charms, Valentines Charms, and/or the Torn Party Crown (a collectible)
Back to index