Back to index
Carl's Cozy Horse-Powered Lunar Cruise
- On January 30, 2014, the "Carl's Cozy Horse-Powered Lunar Cruise" event was announced, and Calamity Carl's Cozy Cruise was opened.
- The heads-up display will display your progress through the cruise. However, it's 1350km long, and you seem to be moving at the painfully slow pace of 1km per catch! Oh dear. Looks like you'd need something to boost your speed.
- Tactical traps are recommended here, as you may encounter some mice from the Followers of Furoma group (they love Lunar New Year celebrations). If you don't have one, use a Physical trap instead.
- If you have Firecracker, Nitropop, Dragon Breath, or Snakebite charms saved from last year, you may use them. Otherwise, you'll have to collect some Firecracker Charms.
- Hunting normally will attract mice with Firecracker Charms. You may also arm the Valentine Charms, available from the Charm Shoppe, to attract the Totally Not Bitter Mouse, which drops more Firecracker Charms.
- Once you have some Firecracker Charms, you may use them to give yourself a small boost in speed, to 3km per catch. You may also collect Nitropop Potions and Horsepower Potions to upgrade your charms.
- Nitropop Potions convert Firecracker Charms into Nitropop Charms, which increase your speed to 9km per hunt.
- Horsepower Potions convert Nitropop Charms into Horsepower Charms, which increase your speed to a swift 25km per hunt! It also allows you to attract the Costumed Horse Mouse, which drop a bunch of Firecracker Charms and Cruise Bux.
- You can get Runny Cheese either by donating, or as gifts from friends. (You can send them through Friends → Send Free Gifts). Arming it attracts special sports-themed event mice, including the new Winter Games mouse.
- However, I recommend you save the Runny Cheese for completing Athletic Lunar List Treasure Maps. These can be found in special scroll cases dropped by Red Envelope mice.
- Saved Dragon Breath Charms and Snakebite Charms also increase your speed to 25km per hunt, but do not attract the Costumed Horse Mouse.
- The cruise will visit 9 seafront locations. Each location lasts 150km, and may contain some visitor mice. Each location also has a souvenir that you can collect from mice (they don't have to be the visitor mice).
- The locations you visit are: The Harbor, the Gnawnian Shoreline, Digby & Lab, the Iceberg, the Acolyte Realm, S.S. Huntington III, the Tribal Isles, Zugzwang Island, and the Daredevil Canyon.
- Every time you advance to a new location you will receive an amount of Cruise Bux; an amount that increases with each stop in the cruise. If you complete the entire cruise, you will receive a Captain's Cavalry Sword.
- You also receive Cruise Bux from loot drops.
- You can spend Cruise Bux in the stores. Some items require a Captain's Cavalry Sword before you can purchase them.
- There are also trap skins, and a limited edition base available: The Horse Jade Base.
- The Jade Base is a pretty good substitue for the Aqua Base. If you can upgrade to the Horse Jade Base, do so; it's one of the best bases in the game. Its stats are similar to the Snake Jade Base of last year, but with slightly more power and less cheese freshness. However, it's also pretty expensive.
- You can also buy the souvenirs you have missed, if you wish. There are also miscellaneous supplies to help you in your progress throughout the game.
- You may send various gifts through Friends → Send Free Gifts to show how much you care. Some items are free, but you may only send them once per day per person, and can only send to a number of people a day. Others cost gold, but are unlimited in quantity.
- Most of the gifts are collectibles, but the Party Cracker can be opened to receive Firecracker Charms, Valentines Charms, and/or the Torn Party Crown (a collectible)
Back to index